Monday, April 12, 2010

Picking up where Chile left off.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...

The dust has settled after returning from a rather cold, yet refreshingly epic country known as Chile.

2010 and I am now a graduate from the University of Nevada, Reno. I am one of many, many people looking for real work in a recovering economical mudslide.



"My dad never went to college, so it was real important that I go.

So I graduate, I call him up long distance, I say "Dad, now what?" He says, "Get a job."

Now I'm 25, make my yearly call again. I say Dad, "Now what?" He says, "I don't know, get married."

...I can't get married, I'm a 30 year old boy."

-Tyler Durden, Fight Club


It's kind of funny. Coming from a smaller town, the general consensus was that going to college pretty much guaranteed you a job whenever/however you finished. Sure, you're not gunna be a doctor or a lawyer fresh out with a 4-year, but you know, it'll get ya something that'll afford you the things you're supposed to have when you're truly "grown up."

House


Clean Car


Wife


Kids







Debt




What a joke. Free will dictates that we have the ability to make decisions and act out in accordance to our own wishes, free of influence. This definition, for better or for worse, is a far cry from actual "free will." The vast spectral campus of free will both you and I experience is cropped to fit the picture of conformity: Laws limit expression. Rules keep us within dictated parameters. But maybe I'm being another self-entitled Generation 'Y' graduate- bitter without a job- bitter without insurance.

I digress.


Thing is, the blog is back. Couldn't tell you where it's gunna go or what it's going to say, but it's the truth. It's the garbage that circulates through my head and it's the law that governs my behavior.


I dig adventure. I dig ranting.

You'll see.











1 comment:

  1. Hey big "A". It's your sis. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog! It's a great amalgam of experience, honesty, and humor. - Ambie :)

    ReplyDelete